Starting from age 9 to adult
You can learn to play acoustic or electric guitar, in classical, rock, blues or popular. You will learn
How to read music notation in the traditional way
- How to read tablature and chord charts.
- Learn how to play chords so you can sing along or accompany others.
- Styling for different types of music
- Techniques such as slides, hammer-ons, pull-offs etc.
- Scales and theory for improvising and soloing with rock or blues
- How to play fingerstyle
- Advanced chord structure and theory for better musical understanding
If you are not sure of what style of guitar you want to learn, I can help you choose a guitar for either purchase or rent from a music store in your city.
Don't worry if you have never taken music or guitar lessons before, most people have not. All you need is a love for music and a guitar. You can use a classical guitar (with metal and nylon strings) a traditional acoustic guitar or even an electric.
If the lessons are for a young beginner, I recommend starting with a 1/2 or 3/4 size classical guitar (whichever is appropriate for their size) since it will make it far easier for them to reach the notes and have a proper posture.